- New STL Mayor on To-Do List, Political Foes and Getting ‘Remarried’ to the CountyPosted 3 hours ago
- CRG Developing First Phase of Bausch + Lomb Warehouse Expansion in Greenville, Partners with Gramercy Property TrustPosted 5 hours ago
- Clark-Fox Policy Institute LaunchesPosted 7 hours ago
- Multi-Million Dollar Centene Expansion Underway in ClaytonPosted 9 hours ago
- BMC Enterprises, Inc. Announces Three Aggregate Transactions in MissouriPosted 12 hours ago
- McGrath & Associates Promotes Dan Gold to Pharmaceutical Business ManagerPosted 13 hours ago
- Missouri Contractors Stand United Against Repeal of Prevailing WagePosted 13 hours ago
- New Renderings of Hotel at Municipal Courts BuildingPosted 13 hours ago
- Spec Construction Rising, Vacancies Falling in St. Louis Industrial MarketPosted 14 hours ago
- Two AT&T Sky Bridges to be Demolished in Downtown St. LouisPosted 14 hours ago
Contractors Invited to 8th BUD Cohort Graduation – April 19
A graduation ceremony is planned for the eighth cohort of students in the Building Union Diversity (BUD) program. The ceremony will be held on April 19th at the AGC Construction Training School located at 6301 Knox Industrial Dr, Saint Louis, MO 63139.
“We have a very interested class of students,” St. Louis Community College’s Jim Duane, who serves as BUD project manager, said. “As we have done previously, we are encouraging the interviewing and hiring of these candidates on the spot.”
The Graduation event will start at 11:30 with a ceremony, followed by a light lunch and “speed interviews” of candidates. immediately following. Duane said that more than half of the previous class received job offers on their graduation day.
The eight BUD class members have completed sessions with the bricklayers, plumber/pipefitters, IBEW electricians, carpenters, operating engineers, cement masons and floor layers. The training in the BUD program includes both classroom and shop training, and participants will earn national skills certifications as they progress through the training.
The BUD program brings together a comprehensive network of participating joint labor-management Construction Skills training providers, SLATE, the St. Louis Building and Construction Trades Council, Laborers, Carpenters, MSD, United Way and the Missouri Division of Workforce Development (DWD).