- New STL Mayor on To-Do List, Political Foes and Getting ‘Remarried’ to the CountyPosted 3 hours ago
- CRG Developing First Phase of Bausch + Lomb Warehouse Expansion in Greenville, Partners with Gramercy Property TrustPosted 5 hours ago
- Clark-Fox Policy Institute LaunchesPosted 7 hours ago
- Multi-Million Dollar Centene Expansion Underway in ClaytonPosted 9 hours ago
- BMC Enterprises, Inc. Announces Three Aggregate Transactions in MissouriPosted 12 hours ago
- McGrath & Associates Promotes Dan Gold to Pharmaceutical Business ManagerPosted 13 hours ago
- Missouri Contractors Stand United Against Repeal of Prevailing WagePosted 13 hours ago
- New Renderings of Hotel at Municipal Courts BuildingPosted 13 hours ago
- Spec Construction Rising, Vacancies Falling in St. Louis Industrial MarketPosted 14 hours ago
- Two AT&T Sky Bridges to be Demolished in Downtown St. LouisPosted 14 hours ago
Construction Operating Systems: What you need to know, but are afraid to ask.
From Procore Technologies: Today is going to be a good day. You’ve kicked it off with a big cup of joe at the office watering hole. There’s a buzz in the room, and one phrase in particular that seems to be on everyone’s minds: construction operating systems.
We get it, keeping up with industry lingo is exhausting. You just mastered the cloud. You use it, understand it, and can mention it in a sentence without a millennial rolling their eyes at you. And now this? To your credit, the term is so new that we don’t blame you if you don’t quite understand it yet.
But one thing is clear: it’s not just the latest trend, it’s the newest era in construction––which means it’s only a matter of time before your boss tries to engage you in a conversation on the topic. So, instead of walking into your next meeting with no response, be invaluable with answers.
Here are the basics of what you need (and are expected) to know, but might be afraid to ask about construction operating systems:
What is a construction operating system?
A construction operating system is a term for the central, cloud-based software that helps connect every single point solution, device, and person across your entire construction company from bidding to closeout.
How does it work?
Using an Open Application Platform Interface (Open API), all of your favorite point solutions––regardless of brand––are connected. Your project management, bid management, quality and safety, and job costing solutions work harmoniously under the same roof. Then, a construction operating system takes the data from all of these applications and gives you real -time, easily-digestible, and trendable insights from one centralized hub.