- New STL Mayor on To-Do List, Political Foes and Getting ‘Remarried’ to the CountyPosted 3 hours ago
- CRG Developing First Phase of Bausch + Lomb Warehouse Expansion in Greenville, Partners with Gramercy Property TrustPosted 5 hours ago
- Clark-Fox Policy Institute LaunchesPosted 7 hours ago
- Multi-Million Dollar Centene Expansion Underway in ClaytonPosted 9 hours ago
- BMC Enterprises, Inc. Announces Three Aggregate Transactions in MissouriPosted 12 hours ago
- McGrath & Associates Promotes Dan Gold to Pharmaceutical Business ManagerPosted 13 hours ago
- Missouri Contractors Stand United Against Repeal of Prevailing WagePosted 13 hours ago
- New Renderings of Hotel at Municipal Courts BuildingPosted 13 hours ago
- Spec Construction Rising, Vacancies Falling in St. Louis Industrial MarketPosted 14 hours ago
- Two AT&T Sky Bridges to be Demolished in Downtown St. LouisPosted 14 hours ago
COCA is Sponsoring a Trenching and Shoring Competent Person Training Class
COCA (Council of Owners and Construction Associates) is sponsoring a Trenching and Shoring Competent Person Training Class on Saturday, May 6th, 2017. This is a one-day course being held at the AmerenIP’s Service Yard, 1050 West Boulevard, Belleville, IL 62221. It will be conducted by TekSolv’s American Allied Safety Council (AASC).
Open trenches continue to be one of the most hazardous jobs in construction. Deaths attributed to cave-ins continue to be a major concern. If you are required to have Trenching and Shoring Competent Person training, then this is the course for you! This course is an OSHA recognized “competent person” certification course. You will learn how to install several different shoring systems, arrange spoil piles, identify soil types and become familiar with OSHA regulations.
This course is recommended for Foremen, General Foremen, Maintenance Supervisors, Construction Superintendents, Safety Supervisors, and Engineers who are involved in trenching and shoring construction and maintenance projects. Anyone who interacts with construction contractors will find this course very beneficial.
Our instructors are ‘hands-on” professionals who work in the field each day and possess a broad-base of knowledge in construction trenching and shoring safety. Each has graduated from the OSHA Training Institute in Chicago, IL and has an in-depth knowledge of our region.
The cost of this course is $225.00 per person. To register for this course, please go to the TekSolv AASC’s website: http://www.teksolv.com/aasc.php or call their office at 618-344-1591. For any other information concerning COCA, please contact the COCA office at 618-288-9434 or visit our website at www.cocainc.com to register.