- New STL Mayor on To-Do List, Political Foes and Getting ‘Remarried’ to the CountyPosted 3 hours ago
- CRG Developing First Phase of Bausch + Lomb Warehouse Expansion in Greenville, Partners with Gramercy Property TrustPosted 5 hours ago
- Clark-Fox Policy Institute LaunchesPosted 7 hours ago
- Multi-Million Dollar Centene Expansion Underway in ClaytonPosted 9 hours ago
- BMC Enterprises, Inc. Announces Three Aggregate Transactions in MissouriPosted 12 hours ago
- McGrath & Associates Promotes Dan Gold to Pharmaceutical Business ManagerPosted 13 hours ago
- Missouri Contractors Stand United Against Repeal of Prevailing WagePosted 13 hours ago
- New Renderings of Hotel at Municipal Courts BuildingPosted 13 hours ago
- Spec Construction Rising, Vacancies Falling in St. Louis Industrial MarketPosted 14 hours ago
- Two AT&T Sky Bridges to be Demolished in Downtown St. LouisPosted 14 hours ago
Al Miller Retires From S. M. Wilson & Co.
After 27 years, Al Miller, Director of Human Resources, retired from S. M. Wilson & Co. at the end of March 2017. Al is the grandson of founder Shouse McGarvey Wilson.
Miller began his career with his family’s firm in the safety department, becoming the firm’s first fulltime Director of Safety in 1990. In his role as the Director of Safety, he was able to instate new safety policies and instill a culture of safety throughout the firm. Under Miller’s direction, the firm consistently maintained a below-industry EMR average.
In 2005, Miller again made history in the firm as the first Director of Human Resources. In this position, “he brought a depth of understanding and empathy regarding our employees that helped cement our reputation as a caring, fun, committed and totally professional construction company,” said Scott Wilson, the firm’s CEO.
Miller was also chairman of S. M. Wilson’s annual Swinging Fore Dreams Golf Tournament. Over ten years, the tournament raised more than $300,000 for the Dream Factory of Saint Louis.
S. M. Wilson is a full-service construction management, design/build and general contracting firm with headquarters in St. Louis. S. M. Wilson is one of the largest general construction and construction management firms in the St. Louis area. The company posted $280 million in 2016 revenues, and ranks 220th in Engineering News-Record’s 2016 list of Top 400 commercial contractors nationwide.